Final EF Calculation



About that time again, folks! As we're near the end of the quarter, I have calculated my EF once again to determine just how much of an impact has changed.

At the beginning of the journey for reduction of my personal EF, I was disappointed to get a calculated total of 5.23. This number made me realize I lacked mindfullness in consumption patterns, buying behavior, and overall lifestyle choices when it comes to my impact on the environment.

So I made the decision to start just by being more mindful, then slowly implementing strategic plans to change my behavior patterns. I began shopping at local places like the Co-Op, using less hot water in the shower, reducing the amount of times I do laundry, and I even bought renewable lightbulbs!!! I was proud of these changes but still had a score of 4.73 when I recalculated my EF mid-quarter.

Now that we're at the end, the changes that have remained the same are: the use of renewable lightbulbs, less hot water in the shower, and reduction of washer use. However, I found it hard to continue to purchase solely organic at shops like the Co-Op... it wasn't particularly realistic for my wallet.

My final score remained at 4.73 but I'm proud of the successful changes I made thus far! I will continue to be mindful about how my impact effects the environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Cost of the Paper Industry

Five 'Cool' Inventions that Could Save the Planet